Informs financial decisioning and resource optimization through the timely and accurate compilation/processing of varied accounting transactions.
Job Responsibilities include the following.
- Administer and maintain accounting records in compliance with established policies and procedures for recording financial transactions.
- Review reimbursements and vendor invoices for accuracy and processing.
- Enter all invoices, reimbursements, credit card charges and processes disbursement to vendors and staff using Deltek Costpoint.
- Perform review of financial records (monthly bank statements, AP/AR reports).
- Process biweekly payroll and maintains all subsidiary schedules and reports (i.e., payroll journal, vacation and sick leave).
- Upload bi-weekly payroll to electronic paystub system, as well as the electronic year-end W-2 statements.
- Gather data and perform studies on various issues related to expenditures and appropriateness of transactions.
- Reconcile corporate credit card and employee’s AR monthly.
- Assist in the preparation and mailing of 1099 forms and 1099-INT statements.
- Establish and maintain liaison with various vendors and in-house departments.
- Reconcile GL accounts related to payroll transactions monthly.
- Enter cash receipts in Deltek Costpoint.
- Update spreadsheets for contract close-outs and indirect rate billing adjustments.
- Prepare and process loan interest payments, if any.
- Assist in fiscal year-end audit and schedule preparation.
- Assist in preparation of monthly client billings; prepare supporting documents.
- 3+ plus years’ experience working in an accounting environment and bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Deltek Costpoint preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience with federal contract billing a plus.
Who We Are:
Since 1985, The MayaTech Corporation has focused on tackling existing and emerging public health challenges through direct engagement with agencies, governments, communities, and individuals. We provide a suite of research, training, evaluation, capacity-building, and other strategic support services - all aimed at reaching/impacting the most vulnerable populations, amplifying best practices, and innovating the practice of public health. At the foundation of all our work is a deep understanding of how evidence-based policies and practices shape the economic, social, and built environments that promote health equity.
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401K, supportive work environment, onsite fitness center and opportunities in Silver Spring, Maryland office and remotely.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. Due to the volume of submissions, The MayaTech Corporation will contact only candidates who are selected. Positions may be full time, part-time, on-call, consulting and/or temporary based on contract needs.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and salary history/requirements. For consideration, applications must include the following job code: ACCT-AA, The MayaTech Corporation Attn: Human Resources Office 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 430 Silver Spring, MD 20910-5645
Equal opportunity employer