The Technical Assistant will assist senior and associate level staff with tasks supporting publicly and privately funded projects. This position may encompass a range of areas including education, tribal colleges and universities, behavioral health and health care, and social services. The MayaTech Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist senior and associate level staff in coordinating culturally appropriate training and technical assistance support to Federal clients, grantees and other clients
- Maintain, monitor and update database information
- Organize and maintain files and documents
- Assists with quantitative and/or qualitative research and analysis
- Assists with the preparation of presentations and reports
- Support conference and logistics staff with meeting and event planning
- Assist senior staff during site visits to Federally-funded programs
- Assist in coordination of business development activities for the center
- Attend appropriate company trainings and informal workgroups to enhance professional development
- Attend external trainings, conferences, and workshops as appropriate to enhance professional development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The below listed requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Background or interest in public health and/or social sciences preferred
- Subject area concentration and experience in HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, criminal justice, adolescent health, maternal and child health, women’s health, minority health or other special populations preferred
- Experience with American Indian/Alaskan Native communities required
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or similar field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent time management skills required
- Willingness and ability to work effectively under deadlines required
The MayaTech Corporation provides applied research, evaluation, information systems, and program support to Federal agencies. We offer a competitive benefits package and supportive work environment, and opportunities in Silver Spring, Maryland office.
Principals only. No telephone calls, please. Due to the volume of submissions, The MayaTech Corporation will contact only candidates who are selected. Positions may be full time, part-time, on-call, consulting and/or temporary based on contract needs.
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and salary history/requirements. For consideration, applications must include the following job code: TARS-TAA
The MayaTech Corporation
Attn: Human Resources Office
8401 Colesville Road, Suite 430
Silver Spring, MD 20910-5645
Equal opportunity employer